We are looking for a driven and creative Social Media Copywriter to generate engaging captions that promote our fitness and nutrition products and services on social networks.
The Social Media Copywriter’s responsibilities include coming up with daily and weekly content ideas as well as developing the copy for that content. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent web content writing skills and experience advertising on multiple social networks. You should also have experience in the fitness and nutrition industry, particularly in the evidence-based community.
Ultimately, you will ensure we maintain a strong online voice and brand consistent with our marketing goals.
- Write, edit and publish engaging posts for various social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and Instagram
- Optimize social media posts (language, tone, message) based on our target audience’s behaviors
- Update us with compelling industry news that may be used for future content
- Coordinate with internal teams to create and select graphics and images to compliment post captions
- Ensure captions routinely make use of (and formally site) scientific studies, including methods and findings, when necessary
- Consistently deliver a minimum of 3-5 captions per week on strict deadlines
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Social Media Copywriter or similar role
- Hands-on experience using various social media platforms to advertise
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research, and analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Ability to deliver creative web content in a timely manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in science and or exercise/nutrition research
This is a fixed rate per post, contracted position with the potential to become a part or full-time salaried position.