Want to order chinese take-out and stay on track? Here is your win-win solution – a macro-friendly Chinese takeout recipe!
Macros (per serving)
(recipe yields 4 servings)
- 800g chicken breast
- ½ tsp pureed ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 85g fresh squeezed orange juice (2 oranges)
- 30g soy sauce
- 30g rice vinegar
- 10g honey
- 20g cornstarch
- a dash of salt and pepper
- ¼ tsp sesame seeds
- orange zest
- Season chicken with a dash of salt and pepper and cook until almost done over stovetop on medium heat (spray pan with 0 cal nonstick spray).
- In a bowl, stir together all other ingredients except orange zest and sesame seeds.
- When chicken is almost done cooking, add sauce and stir until it thickens and covers chicken.
- Add orange zest and sesame seeds on top and enjoy! Serve with veggies and/or rice.