This fun recipe is definitely crowd pleaser and the best part is they taste like actual doughnuts, not your typical “protein” recipe. They are fun to look at and each bite is guaranteed to fill your heart with joy! Feel free to add any of your favorite cereals on top and get creative!
Macros (per doughnut)
(recipe yields 6 doughnuts)
- 40g funfetti whey (vanilla will work too)
- 30g all-purpose flour
- 21g light butter
- 60g greek yogurt
- 60g unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- stevia or splenda to taste
- extra rainbow sprinkles (optional)
- 113g nonfat greek yogurt
- stevia/splenda to taste
- 5-10g of your favorite cereal. Some cereals that work well include fruit loops, lucky charms, fruity pebbles, cinnamon toast crunch, and trix.
**You will also need a doughnut pan and pam spray. If you don’t have a doughnut pan, this recipe can be made as cupcakes instead.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, melt butter. Make sure butter is just slightly warm (not too hot) before adding applesauce and egg. Mix in all other ingredients until batter is homogeneous. You will want a cake batter consistency, so add a tiny bit of water if necessary.
- Spray doughnut pan with pam and fill a little over half-way. You should be able to get 6 doughnuts.
- Bake for about 10 minutes and continue baking, checking every 3 minutes or so until you can stick a toothpick in the doughnut and it comes out clean.
- Take doughnuts out of oven and let cool.
- In a separate bowl, combine nonfat greek yogurt and stevia to make frosting.
- Spread frosting on cooled cupcakes and add fun cereal on top! Enjoy!