Skip going to the doughnut store and make your own decadent red velvet munchkins for a bite sized treat!
Macros (per munchkin)
(recipe yields 12 munchkins)
- 38g light butter
- 75g chocolate whey
- 50g all-purpose flour
- 5g cocoa powder
- 50g egg whites
- 80g unsweetened applesauce
- Red food coloring to desired color
- stevia/splenda to taste
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 15g vanilla whey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and let sit until warm or room temperature.
- Add all other ingredients except for vanilla whey and mix well.
- Pour batter into mini muffin pan (12 muffins) and bake for 8-10 minutes until done.
- Place vanilla whey in small bowl and add stevia to taste and water until icing consistency is reached.
- Pour protein “icing” over cooled munchkins and coat by gently stirring with a spoon.
- Let sit (without covering) for 2-3 hours for glaze to dry. Enjoy!