In just a few easy steps, you can create your own homemade twix bars! With the holidays just around the corner, why not incorporate some higher-protein candy to support your growing season gainz!
Macros (per serving)
(recipe yields 10 servings)
- 45g light butter
- 25g vita fiber
- 60g vanilla whey (isolate yields best macros)
- 20g all purpose flour
- stevia/splenda to taste
- 70g melting caramel
- 150g Dipping/melting chocolate (you will only use 60g for recipe)
- In a large mixing bowl, melt butter and vita fiber syrup together for about 15-20 seconds, until all butter is melted and warm.
- Stir in whey, all-purpose flour, and stevia/splenda to taste until dough is formed. Kneed dough with hands until it is no longer crumbly. You may have to add a little flour (if too sticky) or water (if too crumbly).
- Flatten dough onto parchment paper and shape dough into a large square using the sides of a knife or other flat surface. Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, melt caramel for 10 seconds at a time until pliable but not completely melted. Quickly and evenly spread caramel over square dough and place back in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut out 10 candy bars by making 4 cuts horizontally and 1 cut vertically. Freeze bars for a few minutes.
- Melt chocolate in a small bowl or container. Ready-to-melt chocolate bowls are perfect if you can find them at your grocery store. Make sure chocolate is thoroughly melted; you’ll want it to be as thin of a consistency as possible for the best macros.
- Using a toothpick, dip bars in chocolate and place on parchment paper. I recommend putting the chocolate on the food scale and measuring how much you use on average, per bar. I also recommend only covering the tops and sides of the bar (leaving the bottom uncovered).
- Refrigerate bars for at least 30 minutes and enjoy!