What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Why overweight individuals don’t need to worry about fine-tuning their diets, but should first focus on habits that make the biggest impact—like keeping calories in a deficit and strength training.
- The three pillars of gaining muscle: adequate protein, a caloric surplus, and resistance training (and why, if you’re following a keto diet, You might not achieve optimal results).
- Why eating a high volume of processed foods will likely push you over your caloric goal for the day—the biggest problem with the IIFYM or “a calorie is a calorie” approach.
- Why any approach to dieting should be based on the individual’s preferences, triggers, and lifestyle. The only non-negotiables are protein (with a bit of wiggle room) and caloric budget.
- Artificial sweeteners can be useful for people making calorie-cutting swaps. There isn’t strong evidence that using these products in moderation causes harm to humans.
- And so much more!
Resources can be found here: https://www.maxlugavere.com/podcast/253